Monday, February 21, 2011

My Holiday in Rome

My holiday in Roma has been blissful and a dream come true. Daily life includes a cafe of some sort (of course), trips to the market, guided walks of the city, class by the Pantheon, and cooking an Italian meal to the best of my ability.

Speaking of..last week, a staff member came to our apartment to teach us how to cook a true Italian meal! The Menu: Parmesan Pear Salad, Rigatoni alla Carbonara, and Tiramisu that was to die for! When I go home to the States they will be blown away by my new talent.

This past weekend Chad and I took a weekend trip to the Amalfi Coat and Capri. BREATHTAKING. I can't imagine how stunning it must be in the spring when everything is in bloom! Chad and I may have gotten off path a few times, but what a better way to see the coast then to hike it? Sunday we took a ferry from Sorrento to Capri. The water was brilliantly blue and surrounded the entire island. Chad and I enjoyed a cafe and gelato on top of the city centro. It was truly paradise on earth.

I try to pinch myself daily to be reminded of where I am. Every day holds a new adventure in Roma and I plan on embracing every moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment