Friday, February 18, 2011

My First Impressions of Rome - Part I

I arrived in Rome a little over 5 weeks ago, and have been working through some technical roadblocks with the internet connection. I'm living in an 11th Century former monastery inTrastevere, across the Tiber from center-city Rome (hence the bad wifi). Trastevere is a middle-class neighborhood, with a good mix of permanent residents and international exchange students living here. It is much quieter and less "touristy" than many other parts of Rome, as it pretty far from most of the well-known sites in Rome. Trastevere is full of narrow cobblestone streets lined with centuries-old apartment buildings and too many old churches, family grocers, and fantastic restaurants to count. Anything you could need while living here for a semester is within walking distance. I'm feeling very much at home already!

No comments:

Post a Comment